MIKAYLA
Mikayla is so cute... you can tell that 1st grade is having a big impact on her already... any word she hears she breaks it down and sounds it out... if you tell her to "Go brush your teeth". she says "g-o b-r-u-sh y-o-r t-ee-th." like she is figuring out how to spell it by hearing each sound individually! and our smarty pants is still bringing home page after page of 100%'s on her homework... I am sure the work is not that hard, but just the fact that she actually FINISHES things at school now is amazing!! she gets so distracted soo easily and is such a giggle head that she very rarely finishes her work in class... it's so bad that she even rarely finishes her LUNCH... that's a big deal... my kids LOVE their food!! she told me the other day that in the lunch room a "big boy" was juggling and she was watching him, and finally she looked around and all the other kids were gone, and she didn't have time to finish her food!! she is soo funny!! and very sweet!
JADEN
Jaden has developed a new obsession... now most of you are going to think of trains and cars ... but this one is totally off the wall! Somewhere he picked up an obsession with Spanish... I am not sure if it is because I have been talking a little bit to Jax in Spanish... but he walks around spouting gibberish. The funny thing is that it really DOES sound like Spanish!! he can say a few words, like he calls Jax "bebecito" and small things like that... but its pretty fun to hear him jabber on and tell me he is speaking "Spanish"... get a clue, mom... the kid has talent! I need to find him a Spanish class, or figure out how to teach my kids Spanish!!JAXSON
Jaxson is getting to be quite a little character... instead of crying or whining when he wants attention, he screams. and I don't mean any little baby scream, but full on, screaming bloody murder. Then he just looks at you to see if you are paying attention to him. Also, if he gets really excited about something we get the same result... a HUGE blood curdling scream.Another new development for Jax is starting to stand up to reach things. He gets up to look on the couch or a chair or to reach a toy that he wants... Needless to say, the kids are having a harder time "hiding" toys from the baby, and poor Jax, he can't figure out how to sit back down so he usually ends up falling face first into the leg of the table or the couch... he has definitely been getting a lot more bruises lately!!
Here is a video example of his new standing talents...
4 comments:
I have to admit this little video just made this grandma cry! I can't believe our little Jax is standing up and growing so big! Can't you keep him little a while longer? I sure miss you guys! It was cute to hear Mikayla sooo excited to see Jaxson standing!
No Jax, NO! No standing up and getting ready to walk! Just stay tiny for a minute! What a cutie he is!
ooops, sorry I forgot it was all one post... Mikayla is so very smart! Wow! Good job Missy Mikayla, all 100s!!! and Jaden is getting reaady for a Spanish speaking mission.... before you know it, it will be here... don't blink! Just talk to him in Spanish Macie.. that will work, kids pick things up soooo fast at that age. Good for you Jaden!
Love the video of Jax! He's growing up so fast! Seems like just yesterday we were cuddling him in St. George and he was so tiny. I love the Jaden/spanish thing. Teach him spanish, Mace! I wish I could get Kennedie even a little bit interested. And Kayla already reading and spelling! She is growing up so fast, too! Give them all a kiss from their Tia.
I can totally understand what you mean by "blood-curdling screaming"...my son is already 2 and still LOVES to scream at the top of his lungs for no reason at all sometimes! Can't believe how fast Jax is growing! Shannon is 4 and Ryan is 2 now, I don't know if we'll ever get over Barbie/princess and Thomas at this house! Good job trying to teach the kids Spanish!
Post a Comment