Friday, August 22, 2008

On the brighter side...

so on the brighter side... something good DID actually happen today. At school today Mikayla had her first spelling test. I say this like it is a big deal, because it is for her... During the summer I was worried that she would forget what she learned at Kindergarten, so I had her read a book to me everyday, and write a sentence in her journal... well, whenever we got her journal out she would only write something if I would tell her each letter to write down, or if I made the sound of the letter she was supposed to write. So when I was informed that she would have a spelling test every friday, I was really worried... and all for naught. She came home today with a 100% on her first spelling test!! Yay Mikayla... I almost had to forgive her for throwing a boot at my head this morning...

3 comments:

Jan T. said...

Hooray for Kayla....I don't think we've EVER had 100% on a spelling test at our house!:)

Marshall and Ellen said...

Mikayla is so very smart! Can you believe it? 100% on her very FIRST test:) I am impressed with both mother and daughter! Good Job!

JessicaR said...

you are so darn funny! Moms always have to keep perspective and patience (as well as a sense of humor and maybe a helmet)to deal with kids!