Monday, August 11, 2008

lazy summer days in the house...

yep, you heard me! due to the imminent threat of a giant and deadly wasp infestation, my children refuse to leave the house... every day I BEG them to PLEASE go play outside... but they refuse... in tears no less! Mikayla has been stung twice more, and actually gets tears in her eyes if you suggest going out! So I finally got desperate this last week, and offered to take them out and "watch out for the bees" for them... we took out some chalk to mark up the basketball court with and before too long, they were asking if they could invite their friend out to play (this is the only friend they have here in our tiny neighborhood of newlyweds! and he is 2 yrs old... SAD!) anyway, so we go over and his mom asks if I can just take him, cause she has to shower... so off we go, with an extra little one to watch out for... before too long, the kids run off to play on the slides, and little Brandon (neighbor kid) falls off the HUGE ladder and is screaming Mama, Mama! (they are from Delicias, for all you paisanos that read this!) so I scoop him up and take him home to his Mom... asking Mikayla to watch Jax on the basketball court. Well, to make a long story even LONGER... it takes forever for the mom to answer the door, and when she does she keeps asking me about potty training, and all kinds of things... so I tell her I GOTTA GO... and I see out her balcony, that Mikayla has gotten impatient, and is no longer waiting on the court with Baby Jax... she is pushing the stroller into the street. In the meantime, my neighbor is changing her kids pull ups and asking if I can take Brandon to play at our house, cause she still hasn't finished her hair... I am like WHATEVER... I GOTTA GO! so through the same window I see Brian pull up and think OH WHEW! he will see Jax in the road and stop and get him. (ALMOST DONE! HANG IN THERE!!) so as I am leaving my neighbors I hear Jax start to scream and I mean SCREAM! so I go running downstairs and it turns out Mikayla had pushed him halfway up the handicap ramp and then saw Brian drive in and she ran off and left him (Jax)about 3/4 of the way up the ramp... so the stroller was rolling back down and went off the curb and baby went head first into the pavement... UGH! he was fine, thank goodness, mostly scared, but would you beleive my neighbor still sent her kid home with me?!? so I had a 5 yr old, a 3 yr old, a 2 yr old and trying to keep an ice pack on my 8 month old's forehead... it was quite a day... but hey, they went outside!!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Ahhh! Poor baby Jax! Your kids are SO cute! I swear Jaden looks exactly like a little Brian. Hooray for school!