Friday, August 15, 2008

A Busy Week (for a change!)

I am desperatley trying to survive this last week before my kids head back in to school... so I have jammed as much into our schedule as I can, and here is the result!

On monday we spent a few hours at Mikayla's school, they had posted the class lists, and bus routes and then the kids wanted to "walk around" and surprise, surprise... we walked right over to the playground!! we had alot of fun playing on the "big kid" playground for about an hour. I think that was the first thing that got Mikayla really excited about going back to school...

On Tuesday, we spent about 4 hours at Thanksgiving Point at the Petting Zoo with some other Moms and Kids from our ward. Much to my amazement, Mikayla had a blast feeding the animals!! Now, don't get me wrong... neither of us were about to stick our hands up for a giant horse to eat off from (though I did try to get Mikayla to do it!) instead we would put a pile of corn on the wall and let the animals "lick" it up. It was alot of fun watching the kids get more and more brave around the animals. Then we went over and Jaden rode a horse all by himself. He was so big about it... he just told me "Mom, I can do it by myself"... and he did! Mikayla chose to save her ticket to ride in the wagon, and that is what they did next... and again, they said "Mom we can go by ourselves". I think that was the funnest outiong I have ever taken the kids on, just because they basically did everything by themselves, and I just had to supervise... after a few hours, we had a picnic on the lawn with the other moms and kids, and then headed for home... it wasn't until we got in the car that Kayla showed me that she "stole" a candy from the bins on the way out... so we had to have a talk in the car about stealing. She just told me "Oh, yeah... we learned about stealing at Primary"... so needless to say, it was a fun day, but by the time we got home we we re all so tired we just dropped!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Jaden's face on the horse is priceless! You are a good mommy to do all these fun outings!

Marshall and Ellen said...

Looks like the kids had a blast! Yes, the expression on Jaden's face tells it all, cute pics of some good memories!I love love Kayla's nails :)