Friday, August 15, 2008

New teacher for a new year...

As the last installment of our very busy week segment, I will post about Thursday night. We went to the open house at Vineyard Elementary to meet Mikaylas new teacher and see her classroom. Her teachers name is Mrs. Molyneaux (pronounced Molly-New, I had to ask her!) She seems to be a very gentle and sweet lady, which I am not sure if that is good for Mikayla or not. I sure hope Mikayla doesn't run all over her, but she seems to be a very experienced teacher, so it should at least go better than last year! We got to see Mikayla's desk, and her books, the classroom and her teacher of course. Naturally we made a stop on the playground before heading home... but it was great to get another step closer to and another reason to be more excited for school starting on Monday. I couldn't get Kayla to leave the classroom, she just wanted to stay and sit at her desk... so I hope that is a good sign for Monday morning!!

I had planned swimming for today Friday... but to tell you the truth, I am pooped. So we are sitting at home doing nothing today (except laundry... does that count?!?) but don't forget... tomorrow is our 7th Anniversary! so I will have another day this week to look forward to (without the kids this time!! YAY!) and then get through church on Sunday and I am home free... *sigh*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey..I'm almost positive I went to Vineyard for the 1st half of my kindergarten year! Funny! You are in Orem, right.
I'm so glad to have your blog now!

Lacey said...

Wow it was a busy week! Happy to birthday to Kayla & congrats to Kayla for her first lost tooth. Is Jaden doing any pre-school? Wish we could be closer to help celebrate. Have a great weekend.

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

Happy Birthday Kayla! You are one busy mom there, good for you beating the boredom! Scotty loved seeing Kayla's birthday pictures.

Marshall and Ellen said...

So we haven't seen any posts about the joy of having two kids in school... how is it going? Need to see those 1st day of school pics:)
Hope all is going well for all of you!