Thursday, July 24, 2008

Playing Musical Rooms

well, after many MANY nights trying to get my older kids to sleep in the same room, I have finally given up hope! Don't get me wrong... they "sleep" just fine... it's the 2+ hours before that of giggling, shouting and jumping off beds that has finally pushed me too far! So today (after I got a sleepwalking Brian out of Jaden's Thomas the Train bed!!) I put my nose to the proverbial grindstone and started moving furniture... Jaden was FURIOUS with me! he just kept shouting that he was "not going to sleep in this stupid room" (direct quote), but after much wailing and gnashing of teeth (his, not mine..), I think I finally hit upon what was REALLY bothering him... he was worried that he was going to have to listen to Jax cry all night long! Can't say I blame him for dreading that! But I assured him that Jax sleeps really good now, in fact Jax sleeps better than Jaden does! After I got his stuff all put together and everything arranged, he jumped up on his bed and layed there for a second, and said... "I think this is gonna work, Mom..." So we shall see. Wish us luck... but it should be great!


1 comment:

Marshall and Ellen said...

Good job on those rooms Mace... so how is it working out? Is Mikayla happy with her new Girlie room? And what about the guys... sleeping better? Did you do all that moving by yourself...? Looks great!