Monday, June 23, 2008

The Mall...

So I decided to be adventuresome today, and I took all 3 kids to the mall to play in the "toy" area... so we get there, and the kids of course are really excited (YAY we made it out of the house!!) and what do you know?? there are no toys there... Now being a naturally stubborn, obstinate person, I tell the kids "Lets walk around, maybe they just moved it!" so, about an hour later, and several rides up and down the escalators (sorry Mom... I guess I have been paid back for all the times I made you go!!) I finally gave in and started "warning" the kids that it was "PROBABLY" gone. So to make up for there not being any toys to play on, I compensated with a shopping trip into Bath & Body Works... most of you think that was for me (OK, it was!) but my kids really LOVE that store... especially Jaden! they just run from one display to the next opening bottles to smell... and of course Kayla hates them all, and Jaden loves them all... anyway, they were having a 75% off sale, so I really got some great stuff. They had those oils to burn, that are normally $7.50 for only $3.00!!! So as I was standing there smelling them all, and a sales girl came up to me and started talking, and she gave me some really great tips!! She said that if you add a drop or two into your spray (water) bottle and use it for ironing that it makes your clothes smell really good, (and she said it has never left any oily residue on her clothes before!) too bad I did my ironing last night!! but I am going to definitley try it!! OK, I kind of got off track here! So as we were leaving the mall, (more than an hour later) I notice there is a SIGN right there in the old play area, that says the play area is temorarily gone etc etc... so it would have been really great if I had seen that when we first walked into the mall, but O well... we would have missed a great day at the mall and some fun shopping at Bath & Body... The kids were so good, I even took them to McDonalds to get ice cream and cookies.
It was a good day!!

4 comments:

Jan T. said...

3 kids at the mall, no play area, & it was a good day? That's amazing! Are the oil things you got the "wallflowers" that you plug in your wall? I love those! That's a great sale! I saw Laurie yesterday at the hospital again....she's thinking the baby looks like a Laynie now! So, she may end up being Laynie Jean (after my grandma)!

Lacey said...

You are a brave one. I can get to the mall with my kids but going in a store that's not Macy's or another big one is something I do only if absolutly necessary. Good tip though.

meg said...

Hey Mace!!! I went private on my blog so send me your email adress. megrtaylor@yahoo.com I want to keep in touch.

Marshall and Ellen said...

What an adventure! You are a GREAT mom!