Thursday, June 12, 2008

busy, busy, busy cont... trip #2

about two days after we got home from Idaho, I packed up my kids and drove (with my brother) down to Mesa Az. to go to my niece's high school graduation. The kids really had fun playing with their Turley cousins, swimming and trying to avoid Aunt Robynns little dog. Jaden is terrified of dogs, and the littler they are the scarier they are to him!! We were all so excited to be going to sunny Arizona, since we were all still doing battle with our colds from Idaho... little did we know that it would be almost as cold and wet in Az as it was in Utah!! The high school even had to have their graduation in the pouring rain!! o well, they made the news, so I guess it was worth it!! a pretty memorable event for ALL who attended! and as you know I can never publish a post without adding some of the drama in our lives... so for this trip, I will add that the olive trees in Mesa tried to KILL ME while we were there... I have never in my life had allergies, and I can honestly say that I never EVER again want to have them!! what misery! the other "drama" was with Mikayla... shocking, I know... but between her and me, we really kept it coming! Living up here in the "garden of Eden" we don't really have to be careful of what we touch... Mikayla loves to touch plants, and she was shocked and "pained" to discover what a cactus was!! she grabbed ahold of one, and pulled!!! both of her hands were COVERED in thorns, and it took more than an hour to pick out all the teeny tiny stickers out of her fingers and palm!! and YES she did scream the WHOLE time!! what an experience! needless to say it only took a word to warn her away from the desert vegetation after that!!!

2 comments:

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

Sounds like something Scotty would do too. Ouch! I am exhausted just thinking about those trips! You are amazing!

meg said...

I love reading yourcute stories. You always have had a fun way of expressing yourself. You are too funny. This desert here is scary!