Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Family Home Evening

so... due to the fact that Brian works on Monday nights, and every other Sunday night... we have been falling pretty short in the FHE department! so we decided that it would be fun to do "family activities" on any day that is convenient during the week. This week we decided (very VERY spur of the moment) that we should go out and play soccer on the lawn. Well, I was in the process of making dinner, so we decided to go out after we ate. Now for the kids, this didn't really pose much of a problem... but Daddy and I were a little more affected by a soccer match with tummies full of fish tacos!! So we decided to play boys against the girls... and we girls really got off to a good start, and scored the first goal... (it went right under Daddy's legs... GO MOMMY!) all in all I scored twice on Brian, and was happy with my performance, even though we eventually lost by one (1) goal (yeah, thats it! I know... pretty impressive!) and I only kicked the ball over the fence twice!! (Kind of reminds me of playing tennis at home in Mexico and looking for the ball in Aunt Berthas yard cause I hit it over the fence (its like a 10 foot fence, too!) maybe I need to play baseball, and hit home runs... i dunno!) But anyway, we all had a great time together, and are already looking forward to next weeks activity together!!

1 comment:

Marshall and Ellen said...

What a fun FHE! Keep up the good work... you are making priceless memories!