Saturday, April 12, 2008

Party Time!!

We went to the funnest ward party tonight! It was a "luau" at the church... we had flower lei's and we all got to pick new "hawaiian" names and everyone had to call eachother by that name... Bri was Hiwahiwa, Kayla was Kiele, Jadens was Ka Pua (cause we call him poo head anyway! he LOVED his name!) and Macie was Ailani... they served "hawaiian burgers" with pineapple on it. I almost took mine off, but I am glad I didn't cause it was soo good! the pineapple was the best part!! also we had a group (I think from BYU) that performed a bunch of diffrent polynesian dances from Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga and New Zeland... The kids loved the dancing... Mikayla kept getting up to dance, and she thought it was hilarious that the guys didn't wear shirts... you could hear her laughing over the music... and the music was LOUD! It was sooo much fun, I am glad I bossed everyone into getting ready to go... we really had a great time. (and we even got to take home the centerpiece on our table, a big fresh pineapple!!)

4 comments:

Mel said...

The Luau looked fun. I guess you are getting ready for the real thing. All you were missing was the beach. Hawaii's north has some nice beaches :)

Vanessa said...

that sounds like serious fun!!!

JessicaR said...

I'm on the activities committee (well, actually, I AM the committee as they won't call anyone else to help...) and that sounds like a fun idea! But I don't know if the people in the Spanish branch would appreciate it as much... they probably all want "fiestas" and dances and lots of FOOD of course. Hamburgers probably won't cut it, even with the yummy pineapple...hahahaha

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

So fun! It's so great to hear from you and to see pictures of all of you! We want to see you too Macie...give Brian the camera every once and a while. :) Or better yet, see what Kayla comes up with. :) Miss you guys and hope you are all done being sick. We sure are....knock on wood. The nice thing is that we'll be immune to everything here pretty soon.
Love,
B
ps Who ever heard of 5th disease? Crazy! At least it wasn't painful!