Jaxson is the cutest baby! he is so sweet and good... On Monday I took him to the doctor for a check up. As the Doc was examining him, she asked me how long he had been sick. "UMMM, well" I told her, "he isn't really sick, he just has a runny nose." she just looks at me kind of funny and says "he has infections in both ears". I had NO IDEA... he never fussed or cried he was sleeping through the night a full 12 hours, eating fine... I was totally taken by surprise! Then I had her take a look at his little bottom. He has had diaper rash for about 3 months and NOTHING I did made any difference. I used diaper rash cream, baby oil... anything I could think of! she took one look at it and said "it is infected!!" so apparently my baby has been rotting before my eyes, and I had no idea... NICE! Luckily we only needed to get ONE antibiotic and clear up all his many infections... so that is good!
The point of the bum story is that the rash had really been bothering Jax alot (itching). Since he can't reach back for a good scratch, every time I would take off his diaper to change him, he would rub his little bottom around on the carpet. It is the funniest thing I have ever seen, so I will try to get a video of it before the meds made it go away!! if I can get him to do it again, I will post a cute clip... its hilarious!!
P.S. ok, here it is. But the meds already got it all cleared up, so he just does it out of habit now, this is about how long I can get him to hold still before he takes off!!
................................................................................
Then there is Jaden... poor little ole Jade!! I went to pick him up at preschool yesterday, and his teacher was carrying him. Well, that's not really normal, so I asked what was wrong. Miss Corrinne said that during playground time, he just turned around and said "I want Mommy!" weird! he is kind of a mommas boy, but NEVER on the playground and never NEVER when he has friends to play with!! as soon as his teacher put him down, he looked at me and said... "Mom, I think I am going to puke!" well, he did! all over the floor in the front office of his preschool! UGH! it was a MESS! not just once either, it just kept coming... out of the nose... everywhere! WOW! luckily they said they would clean it up (I think they just wanted us out of there in case he went again!) as the afternoon progressed, he puked again about 4 more times... poor kid, if he would just sip a bit of water, out it came!! not sure what happened, but he seems a bit better today... he has eaten a little bit and so far no "return to sender". he has been sleeping alot today, so maybe by tomorrow he will be back to normal... I think this is the worst part of being a mom... sick kids!
12 years ago
5 comments:
I'm there with ya. I can usually hold it together but when all 3 are sick at the same time, I just can't take it for some reason. I always have to call in backup (Doug)....which is why we used up all of our vacation time this year. :)
I can't remember which one, but one of my girls had ear infections TWICE when we went in for well baby checks. I was waiting for the CPS call! I just remembered, it was Sam. that girl has a high tolerance of pain!
That video is so cute! I'm still cracking up! How lucky for you that he's so easy going!
Hope the kids are well now! Poor baby Jaxs... and poor Jaden too, guess he thought he had to wait for you before he could go ahead and puke... that is the worst! I love Jaxson's little bum dance and the cute curls by his ears.. I finally saw them! Stay well!
P.S. I love love LOVE your blog! Sooo cute for Halloween! Good job Mace!
Post a Comment