Tuesday, October 28, 2008

the punkins at Pumpkin Land

So we finally managed to get ourselves over to the local pumpkin patch... Pumpkin Land is just down Geneva Road from us, and we really had a blast... apart from a couple of false starts. First, my neighbor called, he lost his 6 year old, so we had to go back home to look for her... then we got all the way back to the "patch" and noticed I forgot the stroller... back home again! it's a good thing it is only about a mile and a half from our condo!! but once we got there we had such a great time!! First, we looked at all the pumpkins they had to offer, and had a great time shopping for the perfect three. Somehow we got home with a big one for Brian, a medium sized one for Kayla and the smallest one for Jaden. (I figure I will end up doing the kids' anyway so why buy more??)

After the pumpkin shopping we headed out to Pumpkin Land... it is really cute! I have lived here on Geneva Road for over three years now, and I had no idea they had such a cute place over there! Of course Kayla goes every year with her school class, but she never told me anything about it! They have a giant wood pumpkin for the kids to play in, animals (turkeys, ducks, goats, rabbits etc...) they even have some Kangaroo jumpers as my kids call them (you know the inflatable trampolines from Kangaroo Zoo??) guess how long we stayed and played there?? There is a corn maze to walk through, a playground and a "light tunnel" where they have alot of cute lighted displays etc. Of course my kids favorite place was the playground, and I have to say... it was a pretty fun one! Swings, slides, tunnels, and even a giant Pumpkin Mountain that has a slide that goes all the way through it in the dark, and you come out in a cave! Jaden LOVED IT!!

All in all I would say it was a pretty successful outing. Brian was at school studying for a big test, so I had the three amigos on my own. I was very clear on the rules before we got there... which included:
1. No running away
2. Listen to Mommy at all times
3. No crying or whining, if you want something... ASK FOR IT!
4. NO RUNNING AWAY!!!

well, as we were leaving, we were going through the light tunnel, and they got ahead of me and we were all mixed up in a big group of about 4 families... well, by the time I got the stroller out of the barn, there was no sign of the kids... so I looked, and looked and LOOKED! they were just NOT THERE! well, I was getting kind of worried that they had gone back to the entrance of Pumpkin Land, so I asked the lady sitting there stamping hands if she saw them... NOPE! (at least I didn't have to go back through the corn maze!!) well I kept walking and looking and asking, but NO ONE had seen them. So I headed for the car, because by now it was getting dark, and Jax (who already had a cold) was starting to FREEZE! and what do you know?? there they were sitting in the car! Of course they had run through the sprinklers before getting in, so their snow boots were caked in mud and their jeans were wet up to their knees, and naturally they had walked all over the seats, and spread the mud around good... OH BOY! did they get a talking to! but we have our pupmkins now, even though we haven't carved them yet... If I can get organized, we might just get that done before Halloween this Friday!!

1 comment:

Marshall and Ellen said...

What a fun place... I love the pictures of the kids! You are so very brave to take 3 kids out alone! You must have been frantic!I am so glad you found the kids safe! That is why we have prayers every day, each individually mentioned by name... for our grandchildren and their parents.