Lately I have been really getting into Yoga. As many of you know I have alot of pain in my joints and muscles, and Yoga has been the best thing I have ever done for myself!! Since I started, I haven't had to take any pain meds, I haven't woken up in pain during the night, and I can pick up my kids without wincing... it's been the best.
This past week, we had Fall Break, and so that means all 5 of us here in our tiny condo together for 5 days! So every morning I would get up, make breakfast, and then go in and pull o
ut my Yoga mat. Well, Kayla and Jaden thought it looked like alot of fun, so one day they joined me. It was great fun (kind of tight quarters in our small living room...) As you can imagine, Jaden got about 10 seconds into it, and said he was bored and took off, but Mikayla stuck with it! she finished the entire work out with me, and the next day she asked when I was going to do Yoga, and could she do it with me again. So for the past week I have had the cutest little Yoga buddy anyone could ask for. She had some very cute comments, like "Mom, I'm not sure I can do this!" while we did some of the harder "poses" and as you can imagine, she giggled the whole time. Her favorite pose is "downward dog" for those of you who are yoga savvy. I think she just liked the name!!
ut my Yoga mat. Well, Kayla and Jaden thought it looked like alot of fun, so one day they joined me. It was great fun (kind of tight quarters in our small living room...) As you can imagine, Jaden got about 10 seconds into it, and said he was bored and took off, but Mikayla stuck with it! she finished the entire work out with me, and the next day she asked when I was going to do Yoga, and could she do it with me again. So for the past week I have had the cutest little Yoga buddy anyone could ask for. She had some very cute comments, like "Mom, I'm not sure I can do this!" while we did some of the harder "poses" and as you can imagine, she giggled the whole time. Her favorite pose is "downward dog" for those of you who are yoga savvy. I think she just liked the name!!So today she is back to school and I was without a Yoga buddy... I have to admit, it was kind of nice to be able to concentrate and focus on what I was doing for a change. It's hard to meditate when you are giggling with a 6 year old!!
7 comments:
Oohh! Good for you - I want to be your new yoga buddy! Pick Me! Pick Me!:) Move to Centerville! Hurry! :)
CUTE! I need to try yoga....
I'm a pilates girl myself, but my mom took me to a yoga class in Boise and they are very similar. Bring your mat to Tiff's for Christmas and we can teach each other our moves. :)
I did Yoga a while back, I'm so glad you're doing better because of it. I have aches and pains in the night but I don't think Yoga can help mine. Surgery could, although it's going to get worse before it gets better. But at least I'll have a cute baby to remind me why I went through the pain. I love that Kayla did it with you and am impressed she could do most of the poses. OH and hey we haven't heard what you guys think about Christmas. Miss ya!
Sounds awesome! Your kiddos are so cute! We need to get together!!! Give us a call 754-5781. We have a halloween carnival here in Santaquin this Saturday from 10-2...it will be a good time, give us a call if you want to come! Or even a Sunday dinner and GAMES...we are dying for some good game buddies and would love to get to know your fam!
hi macie...you have such a cute little family:) glad to hear yoga is helping with your pain.
So glad to hear you have finally found something that helps with your pain.. keep it up, the rewards are great for you! Kayla can do ANYTHING she sets her mind to, she is our amazing little angel!
Post a Comment