sooo... I survived my crazy day. It was actually not that bad! just ALOT of driving back and forth between schools and home. I felt so bad for Jax... he got dragged from pillar to post, and with a minimum of fuss, too!! I think that I was mostly nervous about going to Kaylas class to read with the first graders. It sounds kind of dumb now... but I really was nervous!! The kids were super cute, though... and I got to meet alot of the kids Kayla spends her days with. One "little" girl I was especially interested to meet is Kaylas arch-enemy Pomai... now it seems kind of funny that my little 6 year old would have an arch enemy... but she DOES. These two girls were in Kindergarten together last year, and did NOT get along. Both she and I were very dismayed to see that they were together again this year, but I started talking to Kayla about giving her another chance and being her friend. Well, I met this kid yesterday... and she is HUGE! she looked like she was at least 8 years old... so much so, that I actually asked her how old she is. She looked at me kind of funny and said 6!! But I can see now why Kayla is so wary of her!! but for all her size and everything (I think she is Polynesian) she is a really nice girl (I thought) so I am still trying to get Kayla to come around and give her another chance... when I picked Kay up, I told her I met Pomai and she seemed nice, Kayla told me "when I walked past her desk today I spit at her!" so it is seeming to me that the problem is on our side!! but all in all it was fun to meet so many of her friends, and I get to go in every Monday and help out... so that should be alot of fun, too... Of course I had both boys with me, and that did NOTHING to make it easier!! Jaden declared that he was going to sit on my lap "the whole time" and he was true to his word for about the first half hour or so. then I finally got him interested in wandering the halls and looking through windows into other classrooms. From there it was easy to get him to push a screaming, fussing Jaxson's stroller up and down the hall to help entertain them both!
Then we had Jadens volcano science project to go and witness... it was very cute. Just a simple baking soda and vinegar demonstration, but the kids were duly impressed. They couldn't keep their little hands out of the mix, though... so by the time I picked him up for the day he reeked of vinegar! I made a short video on my camera, so I hope it works out... the little Hispanic boy sitting to Jadens right is Xavier, and Jadens new very best friend. Jaden
won't let me leave school until Xavier gets there... they are really cute together and play monster tag every school day on the playground! Also, just a comment about Jadens very unorthodox preschool teacher. She is a trip!! OK, first off, her hair is half blond and half black... she has tattoos everywhere and she wears 6 inch heels to play on the playground in!! Yesterday she was bending down helping the kids get their jars set up, and I noticed her hot pink thong hanging out and a huge tattoo just above her crack (which was also pretty noticeable!!) She IS a very nice girl, but not really what I think of when I think "preschool teacher!" now I wish more than ever that we lived in Washington,so my sister in law Ashlee could be Jadens teacher!! **sigh** O well, we will survive!
P.S. ...I just watched the video and unfortunately you get a pretty good look at the teachers tat and undies... sorry I had to share EVERYTHING about the day! I didn't notice til just now!! O BOY!
Here is the video of the volcano ...
10 comments:
It was great seeing you yesterday! I'm sure I'll see you throughout the year :) I'm unimpressed with the new preschool teacher at A.T. From what you told me she obviously knows NOTHING about children... and the tattoos, crazy hair, and thong!!! My word...
FYI Mrs Pebs (aka Miss Vanessa) was Mikaylas preschool teacher at Adventure Time... we sure do miss you!
Hi Macie,
I love your perspective on you kids. The preschool science fair sounds really fun. I can't believe they are doing that stuff already either.
Hey, you and your husband might want to check out Julie's blog on my website. You might find it interesting.
Cindy
Has uncle Kelly been to your house? From the video it looks like Jaden has lost some hair!:) Wish Ceej would let Uncle Kell come to our house for a haircut! Glad you survived your crazy day! I remember doing the same thing when Ceej was in first grade! I had Kenna on my lap and Carson in the stroller....not so fun, huh??? :)
PS - Wow, What a preschool teacher!:)
Oh Macie I'm laughing so hard about the arch enemy and spitting... thanks for keeping us entertained!
Glad everything went ok. That part about the preschool teacher backed up with the video was hilarious. All too common these days, unfortunatley. The part about the arch enemy is funny too. Kennedie had one, too in Kindergarten. Luckily she has never been in the same class with her again. I guess the teachers decided when making out the class rosters the next year that in the interest of peace they would keep them separated. Here in Mesa you can request to have your child moved to another class or request that she not be put in the same class as her if there is a problem and they try to accomodate you. Same thing if you have a preference regarding teachers. That's of course if there is more than one class of a particular grade...not sure how big her school is. Thanks for the video...it was fun to watch. The kids looked thrilled. btw, is the Xavier the little boy in the red striped shirt? I was looking to Jaden's right and was thinking "That's a girl!"
no, Rob... Xavier is past the asian girl... sorry I decided to download this picture after I wrote it, and forgot to change the wording!! the little girls is Kera and she is obsessed with Jaden. Jade went and sat with his "best friend" and she followed him and squeezed herself right in between them... its cute!
How cute. well, I'm sure she's just the first in a long line of girls that will be obsessed with J. He is gonna be a heartbreaker! Nen to this day everytime she sees a picture of him says "I just love his little face...he's soooo cute!He's the cutest little boy I've ever seen!"
Mace.. you are so funny... you paint a thorough picture, no imagination necessary!!! you forgot to mention that Pomai is MEAN to Kayla... maybe they will end up being friends if they are in the same class long enough... MAYBE! Jade is sooo cute in the video... love the look on his face when he sticks his finger in the volcano;)Sounds like you surmounted all of the odds! GoodJob!
Love your posts. Maybe I should update my blog hu!! Love hearing form you and your cute little fam. so funny!
Post a Comment