We have such a fun ward!! I bundled all the kids into the car and off we went to the church to see Santa. The kids were so excited, but as soon as we got there, and they saw Santa sitting in a big chair across the gym, they all froze! Jaden did the best, but that is just because at the grocery store earlier he'd had a chance to go sit by Santa. It was pretty funny to see him march up there (after begging me for 10 minutes!) and once her got up there, he absolutely refused to get anywhere near the jolly old soul!! It was cute to watch Santa trying soo hard to get Jaden to come over and sit on his lap and Jaden just kept saying No... No... he was so nervous he couldn't even remember what he wanted for Christmas!! Needless to say that by the time we got to the ward party, Jaden and I had had a long talk about how Santa is nice and he should go sit by him or Santa won't know what to bring for Christmas presents! As you can imagine, he sat there naming off all the things that he could think to ask for! It was cute...

Then there was Kayla... good ole Kayla! We can always count on her to do the OPPOSITE of what any other child would do... she flatly refused to go over there... said she didn't care how much candy he had, she was NOT going to sit by him!! so I finally got her to agree to just stand by him and get her bag of candy... that was OK to her and we got a quick snapshot!!
After dinner, the Primary kids went up to the stage to perform the Nativity...Now most of you know the special circumstances of our ward... lots of babies and about 6 primary kids, so we took much pride in rewriting the Nativity. There was ONE wiseman, ONE shepherd (Jaden, who decided he didn't like his costume and took it off mid program!) and about 13 angels... My little Kayla was an angel and I was so proud of her... she was ballet dancing all over the stage throughout the entire program!
Then I put Jax up there... maybe he is a little like his Mom... does that pic of Jax remind any of my Turley siblings of a certain family picture with Santa?? Mouth wide open, just like his Mom!! And everywhere we went around the cultural hall, Jaxson's little head swung around, trying to keep an eye on the big fella... making sure he wasn't sneaking up on us. He didn't relax until Santa made his departure!
Then there was Kayla... good ole Kayla! We can always count on her to do the OPPOSITE of what any other child would do... she flatly refused to go over there... said she didn't care how much candy he had, she was NOT going to sit by him!! so I finally got her to agree to just stand by him and get her bag of candy... that was OK to her and we got a quick snapshot!!
All in all it was a fun party, I am glad I took the effort to drag the kids out and have some Christmas cheer!
1 comment:
Macie you have such a cute way of telling about things... I love it! I sat and giggled all the way thru your descriptions and could actually see it all happening. What fun! Cute pictures too! and YES, Jax looks just like you on Santa's lap! CUTE!
Post a Comment