Sunday, February 8, 2009

Christmas 2009

We had the best Christmas! We got to go to Rexburg Idaho to spend the holidays with all of Brian's family... and I mean ALL! We all stayed at his brothers home... 23 people in a 4 bedroom house (and 13 of them were children... the oldest is 8!) I have never seen so many people and kids in one house! And I have never seen so much snow! Now I have lived in Utah for almost 15 years, and I was amazed at how much colder and how much more snow there was in Rexburg! The guys were outside shoveling the driveway every couple hours so we wouldn't get buried inside! The kids had a blast going out to play in all the fresh new snow, except Kayla... she played for a bit then came in and said she was never going out in the snow again!! Too bad, kiddo! There is no escaping it! I think what made it so bad, was that I went off and forgot their snow pants, so my kids just had their jeans on, and they got cold... FAST! Jaden just ignored the cold and kept going... he was one of the last to come in!! His fingers were icy cold and he had the cutest little red nose! For Christmas eve, we ended up having to put all the presents downstairs instead of up by the tree, because there is no way we would have fit 5 families worth of presents under one tree! It was pandemonium on Christmas morning, seeing 13 kids screaming and going for their presents!!! Wrapping paper was flying, presents were being glanced at and tossed aside for the next one... it was great! The kids had soo much fun playing with their cousins... it was wonderful to have everyone there to celebrate the holidays! Thanks Todd and Tiff for having us!

P.S. Can you believe that we were there for A WHOLE WEEK and I never took my camera out of the diaper bag?? So, sorry no pictures as of yet... Thanks to my great MIL Sara, SHE took lots of pics and I have ordered them and they are on the way, so look back tomorrow night for Christmas 2009 pics!! But I did get a video camera from a Santa that looks a lot like Brian, so look forward to lots more videos in the near future!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yeah, I love revisiting Christmas with everyone. We had so much fun! I have to say I love the fact that Jax as no socks on in your family picture, makes me smile. Miss you guys.

Jan T. said...

Hi Mace! What happened to the practice!? I'm hoping you just forgot! I left word with my kids to have you call me down at work and never heard from ya! Hope everything is okay! Let me know...we can re-schedule!

Marshall and Ellen said...

CUTE pictures off to the right! Just love those everyone in red photos! Hope one has my name on it!!!