Saturday, November 15, 2008

This moms dream come true!


So last Sunday we had our ward primary program. As most of you know, this is usually not something that I look forward to. Some highlights of trying to get my kids to cooperate in a primary program include Mikayla crying and falling down on the floor (up on the stand!) and last mothers day she got so scared she actually knocked me down on my behind up in front of the whole ward! so NO, I don't usually look forward to when the Primary is "center stage". And this year was no different, except worse, because Brian had stayed home with a horrible cold, so it was me and THREE kids, and a program on the horizon! We got there late, so we were sitting in the cultural hall (never a good thing because the kids want to play on the stage!) but sitting next to us was Kayla's teacher so I asked him if he would mind taking Kayla and Jaden up when he goes up... So mid sacrament Jaden decides he REALLY needs to go potty. This of course prompts Kayla to decide SHE really needs to go too! well, I know that as soon as the sacrament is over, they need to head up to the front with their teacher, or I am going to have to drag them and Jax up to the front myself. So I tell them to just go right now... well, this starts a LOUD discussion about how they CAN'T go right now, cause they will miss the water! so as soon as they take the water, we up and run out... (YES all 4 of us!) and run to the bathroom. Naturally Kayla insists on going first, (so Jaden is in dire need!) but as soon as she sits down, her fear of public toilets sets in, and she says never mind... ANYWAY, we got back just in time for them to join the teachers on their trek up to the front to give their program.


Now I know this story is not fitting with the title of my post. So far, this is pretty much a typical Sacrament Meeting for us, except we are short one parent. The title comes in now, with how great my kids did in this program. I was amazed as I sat there watching them walk calmly and reverently up to the stand. I was in awe as I sat watching Kayla get up to sing with NO protest. She even got up to say her part (don't worry, it wasn't an actual miracle, she didn't actually SAY her part!) but she stood there and shook her head at her teacher... no screaming or falling on the floor. Just a slight shake of her head, and then she stood reverently waiting for her class to go sit down! Then the tears actually started to fall when Jaden got up to say his part, and he did SOO good!! His cute little voice just rang through the chapel "I can be a missionary" it was so cute! and yes... definitely this moms dream come true!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yeah for small victories! It always touches my heart to hear my kids speak in primary, whatever the occasion.

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

That's huge! Congrats to Kayla and Jaden! By the way, it is nice to know that my kid isn't the only one that has major problems going up there to say his part. Kayla and Scotty sound like two peas in a pod sometimes.

Coralee said...

Yeah for good Church days! I'm looking forward with some apprehension, but also with excitement for primary programs days in a couple years with our boys!

meg said...

So cute! Funny about years past... glad it all worked out this year!

Marshall and Ellen said...

I already talked to you on the phone about this, but this gram is proud of her little sweeties and happy for you too... GREAT achievement!!! Love you!

Me... said...

I bet hearing Jaden do his part just made your heart just melt into goolash!!! So sweet!